So, I did it.
I finally decided on a fabric, purchased it, and recovered my chairs.
I stressed and struggled over choosing a fabric, and I ultimately ended up choosing something a bit different from what I expected. I originally wanted something with much less white. In fact, the majority of fabrics I looked at did not have a neutral background. I was also struggling to find something that included all of the colors I wanted (which was, um, all of them). Because I wanted to include so many colors, many of the fabrics I was looking at were very…intense. And I knew that wasn’t the look I was going for. Once I stumbled across this fabric, I felt it was the perfect color combination, and the neutral background didn’t make it seem out of control. Also, it has a great nubby, burlapy feel to it, and I just love that!
I’m not going to lie. I didn’t use a tutorial or anything to recover these babies. If I would have, it probably would have saved me a little stress. I stapled the fabric too far over the back on my first chair pad. I didn’t think that would matter…and then I realized I had covered the holes for the chair screws to go into. Whoops!
My mama gave me a staple gun, and I pretty much just went at it. I was able to get a few extra yards of this fabric at remnant price, so I had plenty and could afford to be picky about which pattern I wanted to be on each chair.
Honestly, it was an incredibly easy project, and I couldn’t be happier with the end result.
I really had not taken into account how dark my chairs are. If I had gone with a fabric with a darker background, the chair would have been lost in the dark color. I really love the contrast between the dark wood and the light, neutral background.